Saturday, November 8, 2014

Chega de Saudade (No More Blues)


English translation of original Portuguese:

Go on, my sadness, and tell her
That without her it cannot be
Tell her in a prayer
To come back to me
Because I cannot suffer anymore

Enough longing
The reality
Is that without her there's no peace
There's no beauty
There's only sadness
And the melancholy
That won't leave me
Won't leave me, won't leave.

But if she comes back,
if she comes back
What a beautiful thing
What a crazy thing
Cause there are fewer fish
swimming in the sea
Than the little kisses
I shall give her on her mouth.

Inside my arms,
The hugs,
They will be a million hugs
So tight like this,
Together like this,
Silent like this
Hugs and little kisses
And endless caresses
That is for you to stop this thing
Of living away from me
I don't want this thing anymore
Of you living without me
Let's stop this thing
Of you living without me
Music by Antonio Carlos Jobim, lyric by Vinicius de Morães

No comments:

Post a Comment