Saturday, November 8, 2014

Agua de Beber (Water to Drink)

Original Portuguese lyric with edited English lyrics interpolated:

Eu quis a-mar mais ti-ve me-do
Eu quis sal-var meu co-ra-cão
Mas o a-mor sa-be um se-gre-do
O me-do po-de ma-tar o seu co-ra-ção.

A-gua de be-ber a-gua de be-ber ca-ma-rá… (2x)


I wan-ted love, but I was fear-ful
I tried to guard my wor-ried heart.
But then old love gave me an ear-ful
He laughed and told me, “it’s fear that'll kill your heart”

Agua de beber, give the flower water to drink… (2x)

Eu nun-ca fiz coi-sa tão cer- ta
En-trei pra es-co-la-do per-dão
A min-ha ca-sa vive a-ber-ta
Ab-ri to-das as por-tas do co-ra-çao.
A-gua de be-ber a-gua de be-ber ca-ma-rá…

Well, I have never felt so certain
And, yes, forgiveness I've been taught
So now I've pulled back all the curtains
Opened all of the doors that lead to my heart

Agua de beber, give the flower water to drink… (2x)

Oh love is rain, the heart, the flower
The heart needs love to stay alive
A fearful heart will lose its power
A heart that’s open to love surely will revive

A-gua de be-ber give the flower water to drink…(2x)

Music by Antonio Carlos Jobim, lyric by Vinicius de Morães. English lyric by Norman Gimbel, edited (with additional verses) by Cartwright.

No comments:

Post a Comment